Administrative AssistantNuf Field Health
Financial AnalystNuffield Health
AccountingReliance Capital Limited
Accounting AssistantCentury 21 Premier Real Estate
Data EntryPartnerRE Limited
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVEPerficient Inc. Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVEPerficient Inc. Company
General Clerk IADP,LLC Inc
Intern Program (Atlanta)Bookmark This
Forbes Accounting & Consulting, Inc.
201 17th Street NW, Suite 300
Posted: September 11 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionForbes Accounting & Consulting, Inc. (FAC, Inc.) is looking for talented, articulate and ambitious interns to work with our company. The interns will have the opportunity to get the behind-the-scenes experience in business consulting; accounting; tax planning/preparation; planning and organizing events; assisting with workshops, and on-site coordination as we work to strengthen our presence within the entertainment industry. The ideal candidate is open to learning, can commit to a minimum of six months in the program, has a strong work ethic, has a high commitment to meeting deadlines, thrives as a member of a tightknit team, and has interest in the following areas:
• Business Management and Consulting,
• Social Media,
• Marketing and Communications
The selected interns will learn and be able to assist with such areas as program development, accounting and finance for small businesses and entertainment professionals, project planning & development, corporate research, as well as social media marketing/promotion of workshops & events, gift bag solicitation, and administrative tasks. There is a small percentage of travel within the Atlanta metropolitan area for meetings and events such as networking meetings/events, seminars/workshops, award shows and showcases.
Professional development, performance bonuses, networking opportunities, college credit (where available), travel stipend, and partnering with other organizations. Candidates that successfully complete the required six month minimum commitment to the program will receive the FAC, Inc. Young Entrepreneur Package which includes administrative setup of your own small business, assistance with developing your business plan, 6 months of accounting and tax planning assistance, free FY 2017 tax preparation for your business, and a small stipend to help with startup costs.
Responsibilities• Complete training and certification in 1-2 different accounting systems
• Use newly acquired bookkeeping skills to process transactions for different types of corporate clients, flow those transactions into a thorough understanding of their impact on the financial statements and tax returns and learn the nature of those businesses
• Complete tax preparation training and shadow associates to learn the process during tax season; provide light administrative support to associates while shadowing; be able to recap your understanding of how specific business and personal events impact the various clients from a tax perspective
• Assist with internal and client business development
• Assist with client management
• Assist with marketing and social media efforts
• Assist with event coordination
• Other projects as assigned
• Attend events, workshops and meetings
RequirementsResume and cover letter should demonstrate how you possess all of the required qualifications. Cover letter should include details of your career goals and aspirations, the skillset that you feel you could bring to FAC, Inc., ideas about the type of business that you want to own, and how you feel that FAC, Inc. could help you accomplish your goals. It should also include the hours that you will consistently be able to work.
• Experience – Intern should have some previous business management or leadership experience. This includes non-professional experience such as volunteer school events, volunteer church events, college homecoming committee, sorority/fraternity event chair, assisting with charity galas or other non-profit volunteer event experience.
• An understanding of finance and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and banking preferred
• Outgoing personality – Intern should be flexible, hospitable, gracious, assertive, motivated, independent, resourceful, with an ability to solve problems calmly and quickly. The ability to multi-task is essential. A “Can-Do” attitude is a must.
• Flexible schedule – Work will primarily be on weekends and in the evening. 16-30 hour workweek schedules for the best opportunity to learn as much as you want in the various areas
• Reliable transportation – Although our location is accessible via MARTA, your attendance will be required at some offsite activities and events that might not be accessible to public transportation.
• Strong listening and comprehension skills – Intern needs to be able to listen to instructions, take great notes, and carefully and correctly follow directions.
• Computer skills – Applicants must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel and they must be able to conduct research on the internet with minimal guidance.
SkillsRequired - Highly Reliable, Collaborative Leadership, Able To Multi-task, Great People Skills, Committed to Customer Satisfaction, Always On Time, Attentiveness to Detail, Adaptable & a quick learner, Ability to work under pressure, Follow Directions
Preferred - Corporate Finance, Bookkeeping, Basic Accounting