Accounting AssistantBookmark This
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
DescriptionThis position provides support, such as accurate record keeping, budget monitoring and development of procedures and manuals to the Director or Business Manager of the division.
- Reviews accounting transactions on a monthly basis, compares them to previous years, prepares journal entries and budget transfers as needed.
- Assists in processing, resolving, and correcting a wide range of accounting matters, researches incorrect charges, deposits, vendor payments, etc.
- Updates reports.
- Assists with preparing and assembling reports, write ups, and binders for meetings.
- Assists with pro-card administration.
- Prepares and reviews check requisitions, reviews expense reimbursements, deposits.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
RequirementsHigh school diploma or equivalent and two to four years of related clerical accounting experience.
- Must have experience with accounting software, preferably Lawson.
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or at least 5 years of experience in the Accounting/ Finance field.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal with various levels of management.
- Ability to work with accounting and non-accounting staff.
- Must have ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of initiating and developing tasks on regular basis.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, accurate and thorough.
- Ability to research information and make conclusions.