Book keeping/Accounting AssistantBookmark This
the Peasantry restaurant & Franks 'n' Dawgs, Inc
2723 N Clark Street
Lincoln Park, IL
Descriptionthe Peasantry and Franks 'n' Dawgs are restaurants specializing in elevating street food with a fine dining twist. In three years, Franks 'n' Dawgs has won numerous awards for its food and has appeared on 14 tv shows while the Peasantry, still not yet a year old, was recently included in the Chicago Michelin Guide . Please visit us online at www.franksndawgs.com and www.thepeasantry.com
We are seeking a part-time accounting intern (Approx. 20 hours per week) who resides in the Chicago area as the position is year round and will lead to a permanent part time position. Hours are flexible with work days being Monday through Thursday. This is an excellent opportunity to gain insight and experience in the hospitality industry!
Familiarity with Quickbooks is a must. Proficiency in Quickbooks is preferred as this is the software program you will be using each day to enter invoices, run financial reports and balancing the books.
The Accounting Intern will be responsible for supporting the finance and facilities management functions of the organization, including vendor invoice review and entry, account reconciliations, audit support, financial and statistical analysis and reporting, and payroll processing.
Responsibilities* Analyze & compare sales & expense data, providing monthly reports to gain insights into business trends
* Enter sales and expense data into Quickbooks performing reconciliations each month
* Prepare accounts payable reports
* Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks
* Must be a current undergraduate student pursing an Accounting or Finance major.
* Familiarity with Quickbooks is a must.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel required.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have good organizational skills.
* Understand finance and accounting principles and practices and banking