Accounting and Tax Support InternBookmark This
Savoy Bookkeeping and Tax Services
250 N Litchfield Road, Suite 261-H, Goodyear, AZ 85338
DescriptionTHIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
We are a small but growing accounting firm looking for ambitious interns to grow with us. We are looking for someone who is willing to work for college credit, experience, and a monthly cash stipend while gaining confidence to support their education.
At SAVOY, interns have an opportunity to be involved in many aspects of business development, implementation services and client service processes. As such, all SAVOY interns share responsibilities for administrative tasks, from answering phones to going out and meeting with clients, preparing tax returns, bookkeeping, processing payroll, etc. which helps keep the office running smoothly and ensure superior client service. In a small but professional office setting, candidates must be good team players, know how to prioritize tasks as well as manage their time well.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette following company protocols allowing for a professional representation of the company
• Extremely efficient in a high volume and fast-paced environment with an excellent ability to multi-task and balance responsibilities
• Trustworthy, responsible self-starter with the ability to lead or work in a team
• Quick learner, highly capable of mastering new systems, procedures and processes
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, and organized.
• Strong dedication to excellent customer service that results in higher production.
• Extensive knowledge and strong problem solving skills that result in higher efficiency and improved workflow.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is expected;
• Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
• Professional appearance an absolute MUST
ResponsibilitiesAccounting and Tax Support (ATS) Internship
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the ATS Intern provides assistance in general accounting and bookkeeping for individuals and small business owners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Analyze and compare facts and figures, using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Compile monthly financial reports and prepare invoices for clients
- Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks and support payables and receivables
- Perform general bookkeeping duties including posting journal entries to the general ledger, trial balances, and coding expenses
- Accurately report, record and reconcile financial information for corporate and personal clients
- Reconciling bank statements and credit card statements
- Creating spreadsheets with basic payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable information
- Collate personal and business tax returns while checking for errors
- Preparing Payroll, Sales, and other tax filings
- Assist with managing the Accounting, Payroll, and Administrative functions for various high net worth clients and small business owners
RequirementsQualifications for this position:
• Must have completed 12 Accounting semester credits
• Must have successfully completed a QuickBooks course
• Prefer 3.0 GPA or higher (transcripts required)
• Prefer (1) Academic (Professor) recommendation
• Must be available to work 20 hours per week
• Prefer 6 month commitment