Accounting InternshipBookmark This
Back 2 Basics Marketing
DescriptionSt. Louis ad agency is seeking a public relations intern for a virtual internship during the Spring or Summer 2014 semesters. Candidate must be in the process of obtaining a degree and/or has a degree in Communications (Public Relations). Candidate is expected to work 15 hours a week; days and times to be determined dependent on the student’s schedule. Academic credit is offered; internship is unpaid.
ResponsibilitiesLearn areas of accounting operations, including but not limited to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end close, quarterly and annual financial reporting, tax reporting, compliance requirements, and financial statement audits
• Learn and eventually develop new financial and operational reporting to analyze goals and metrics and to strengthen financial controls
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and cash flows to assess accuracy, completion, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
• Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Eagerness to learn
- Enthusiasm and great attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must. Experience with Adobe InDesign is a plus.