Accounting InternshipBookmark This
SIB Development & Consulting, Inc
796 Meeting Street
DescriptionSpring Interns Needed – Accounting majors. SIB Development & Consulting is a firm specializing in reducing fixed monthly costs for multi-location companies. It's a relaxed, fun atmosphere even though we work hard. Our interns do actual work - we don't send you to get coffee, run errands, etc. You will be working side-by-side with our Operations department to assist in the procurement of savings for our clients. This internship may lead to future employment opportunities with SIB.
Our clients include Wal-Mart, Berkshire Hathaway, Universities, Hospitals, Grocery Stores, and thousands of restaurants throughout the country.
-Develop time management skills and organizational skills necessary for project work.
-Develop a detailed, working knowledge of the audit process.
-Learn how to document work performed and communicate effectively with supervisors and other company personnel.
-Understand how a company trains its personnel and how training enhances work performance.
To Apply: Submit your resume in PDF form through the Careers section of our website. www.sibdevelopment.com.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and Expectations:
- Work side-by-side with accounting professionals to review monthly invoices for accuracy.
- Identify cost-savings opportunities and determine strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Assist in the preparation and review of various vendor and client reports.
- Compose emails to clients and assist with follow-up calls.
- Entering Junior or Senior year.
- Accounting major or minor.
- Strong analytical skills and accounting systems experience.
- Excellent computer skills, primarily with Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable making lots of calls and working over the phone.
- Strong communication skills.