CAPBT LLC dba CAPBT Business Services
603 Sumner Ave
DescriptionCAPBT Business Services is a Full-Service Professional Business Outsourcing Services firm in Springfield, MA. We are currently looking for several part-time Accounting/Bookkeeping interns for our business office. This internship will help you gain a significant knowledge of business administration. The intern will be exposed to the management of consulting, administration, payroll, accounting/bookkeeping and tax preparation services, as well as employment law and internal policies and procedures.
The work schedule is flexible and will average around 10-25 hours/week
ResponsibilitiesPrepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
· Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and Trends.
· Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· All other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements. Accounting, reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, reporting research results, confidentiality, time management, data entry management, general math skills
· Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable Understands budgets and financial statements
· Compute, organize, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete.
· Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary
· financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
· May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions
· recorded by other workers.
***Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring Internships are available