Administrative & Accounting AssociateBookmark This
The Black Institute
39 Broadway; Suite 1540
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Black Institute is a New York-based, nonprofit purposed to shape intellectual discourse and dialogue and impact public policy uniquely from a Black perspective. Our mission to change the discourse of public debate, train and educate new leadership, develop initiatives to build wealth and power, and to deliver justice is accomplished through research, data gathering, polling, academic partnerships, civic education, training and development, and issue based organizing and campaigning. The condition of Black people in America is the result of a multitude of factors including class, education, housing, and systemic barriers to political and civic engagement. Therefore, our work is focused on issues that have the most impact on black communities - Immigration Reform; Education; Environmental Justice; and Economic Fairness.
The Black Institute seeks an enthusiastic, flexible and diplomatic individual who can multitask in a fast-paced environment for our Administration & Accounting Internship.
The Administration & Accounting Associate assists our Operations Manager with the efficient operation of TBI’s office and the management of all of TBI’s administrative and accounting activities and work with other TBI staff to ensure ensure the success of its programs and initiatives.
Responsibilities• Performing clerical duties- including data entry, email and mail correspondence, office supply inventory, and answering phones
• Scheduling and prioritizing internal and external meetings and activities
• Coordinating travel and outside activities
• Assisting with implementing and maintaining systems to support programs and work of staff, organizational policies, regulations, and operational procedures
• Maintaining meticulous paperwork and electronic files
• Maintaining and operating a variety of office equipment, such as the copy machine, printers, fax machine, and scanners with speed and accuracy
• Assisting with implementing systems to support programs and work of staff, organizational policies, regulations, and operational procedures, maintaining and operating a variety of office equipment, such as the copy machine, printers, fax machine, and scanners with speed and accuracy
• Greeting and assisting clients
• Assisting in the coordination of special events
• Assisting the President, Executive Director and staff as directed
• Other duties as assigned by the President and Executive Director
Requirements• Two (2) years of administrative experience in the museum/art field preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
• Excellent computer skills, particularly MS platforms, including Word, Outlook and Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others