BNSF Railway: Corporate Audit Services - Summer Intern 2014Bookmark This
2500 Lou Menk Drive
Fort Worth, TX
DescriptionBNSF Railway operates one of the nation’s largest rail networks, with approximately 32,500 route miles in 28 states across the western two-thirds of the United States. BNSF is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. For more than 160 years we have proudly served our customers by safely and efficiently delivering commodities such as coal, grain, steel and consumer products. The dedication, talent and creativity of our 40,000 employees have helped distinguish BNSF as an innovative and progressive leader within the transportation industry.
Each summer BNSF Railway brings in a group of interns to experience the day-to-day operations of a Class I railroad. The objective of our Summer Internship Program is find students that will join us after graduation as part of our Management Trainee Program.
To learn more about our company, our culture and our opportunities, please visit us online at www.bnsf.com/careers.
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: 05/28/2014
Salary Range: $2,850- $3,300 per month
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY AT WWW.BNSF.COM/CAREERS. Look for the Technology Services Intern posting.
Gather, analyze, and document complex information.
Examine evidence obtained during audits with respect to compliance with policies, adequacy of procedures and effectiveness of controls.
Assist in testing based on audit objectives.
Document evidence of testing in audit workpapers.
Develop and maintain effective communication and rapport with team and customers
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship
- Relocation to Fort Worth, TX for the summer
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Pursuit of a degree in one of the following: Accounting or Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Networking, Transportation Logistics, Other Business-related degree
- Graduation date prior to June 2015
- Previous work experience in related field
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills