Finance & AccountingBookmark This
ArtsKC - Regional Arts Council
106 Southwest Blvd.
Kansas City, MO
DescriptionTiming: 20 hours per week, September 1 – December 15 (dates flexible)
ArtsKC is a not-for-profit organization serving the five-county region; including Clay, Platte and Jackson in Missouri and Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas. We provide programs and services to arts organizations, artists and the business and civic communities.
ArtsKC serves as the voice for the arts community. We connect and support the arts in the community as a means to create transformation. We believe that the arts are a public good and critical to our region’s success.
ArtsKC operates the ArtsKC Fund, the united arts fund in Kansas City. The fund raises money to provide grants to artists, arts organizations and arts programs in Kansas City.
Reports to: Staff Accountant
This individual will work 20 hours per week with the Accounting Department supporting the following goals and initiatives:
1. General accounting tasks
2. Data entry/maintenance
3. Accounts payable processing
4. Account reconciliations
- Working with fun, flexible, dedicated and hardworking professionals
- Learning new technologies and having an impact on the agencies ability to serve
- Helping to build a culture of creativity and innovation for the Kansas City region
- Helping strengthen the role of ArtsKC as the champion for the arts
- Great downtown location and paid parking
• Assist with accounts receivable, reconciliation and collection efforts
• Accounts payable entry
• Donor database entry and maintenance
• Account reconciliations
• Work with the finance team on fiscal year budget
• Assist with audit preparation
• Attend finance-related meetings
• General office assistance as needed
• Assist at evening and weekend events as needed
• Serve as a backup to the administrative assistance for front desk and phone coverage
RequirementsWho are we looking for?
- College students or recent grads wanting to build their resume and professional experience. Preference will be given to students majoring in Accounting or Finance.
- Individuals who are passionate about the arts, the nonprofit community or being a part of a growing organization
- Smart, dedicated, and resourceful professionals who can manage their time and have fun doing it