The Happiest Baby, Inc. - Accounting & Administrative InternshipBookmark This
The Happiest Baby, Inc.
11357 Montana Ave.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionA dynamic individual is needed to assist in the administrative office support of a successful and growing company, THE HAPPIEST BABY, INC, a leading parenting franchise. Developed by America’s #1 pediatrician, Dr. Harvey Karp, creator of the top-selling books and DVD’s, The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block. Happiest Baby is devoted to the well-being of children and the empowerment of parents, educating the public about infant and toddler issues and providing them with the tools that will make them successful. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a tight-knit team of professionals at a company making a real difference in the lives of families worldwide! The company has big initiatives for 2012, so the right candidate has opportunities to continue in a paid position should the opportunity arise and the candidate adds value to the team! Flexibility and multitasking are essential, as the responsibilities are diverse. Our main office is located in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA.
ResponsibilitiesAdministrative Support to the Executive Assistant:
• Customer Service duties such as monitoring emails, placing orders, responding to product questions, etc.
• Basic administrative duties – answering phones, mail, filing, faxing, shipping, meeting minutes, occasional errands etc.
• Maintaining databases, order records, contacts, etc.
• Miscellaneous projects such as preparing shipments to tradeshows
• Maintaining published articles and press kits
• Supporting and promoting an understanding of our mission (reviewing books, DVD’s and all materials to become familiar with message) in day-to-day contact with accounts, distributors, media, general public, etc.
Administrative Support to the Bookkeeper:
• Quickbooks data entry
Requirements• Excellent writing abilities, phone etiquette, follow-up skills, and organization.
• Prior experience working in an office-setting, strong attention to detail, and great teamwork attitude.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel; knowledge of QuickBooks, ACT!, and internet research is a plus