Driving Ambition Inc.
86th & Keystone
Posted: August 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionResponsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization while ensuring GAAP compliance. This role will have both daily task oriented responsibilities and participate in and lead project-related assignments, commonly at the direction of the CFO or CIO. The Staff Accountant position is a learning and growth role, and therefore will have exposure to a broad range of areas within the company.
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare and make journal entries to general ledger accounts for month end closing consistent with GAAP.
• Compile financial statements and other reports to summarize past, current and projected company financial position and performance.
• Source, track, and disseminate company performance metrics on a scheduled basis. Work in an ongoing basis with department leaders on the development and improvement of KPI’s (metrics).
• Execute Accounts Payable according to written processes.
• Analyze and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Special and ongoing projects and analysis assigned by the CFO.
• This position requires a strong commitment to growth and development of the technical and interpersonal skills necessary to be a technical expert in the area of accounting and finance.
• A commitment to detail, accuracy and consistency in process and execution, resulting in providing leaders with useful information that can assist in the decision-making process.
• This role should be a person who is inquisitive and seeks to find information within data.
• An unwavering dedication to a high ethical standard, and willingness to professionally challenge deviation from ethical behavior when noted.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Accounting.
• CPA/CPA candidate preferred.
• Experience in QuickBooks preferred.
• Proficient with Excel required, expert preferred.