DescriptionWe are looking for an Account assist data entry clerk Responsible and hard working
The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for general accounting and will assist the Controller.
• Assist Controller with general ledger entries and month end closing
• Bank Reconciliation and preparation of other support schedules
• Analyze and prepare detailed accounting reports
• Assist in inventory management which includes preparation for the physical count and inventory reconciliation on a quarterly basis
• Multi state sales tax reporting
• Manage and assist with extensive monthly customer invoicing
• Assist A/P and A/R department staff as needed
• Fleet management duties
Skills / Requirements:
• The ideal candidate will possess a BS/BA in accounting with a minimum of an Associate degree in Business
• minimum of 2-3 years progressive work experience
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software.
• Must have working knowledge of inventory related transactions
• Manufacturing accounting experience is preferred
• Great Plains and/or MAS90/MAS200 exp a strong +
• Must be able to multi task and share responsibilities in a team environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Willing to demonstrate flexibility in assignments in scope of work to meet department objectives in a fast paced environment
Assist the controller in preparing financial statements, profit and loss reports by project, scheduling production in shop, registering the company in various states for use and sales tax.
Assist in the purchasing and A/P department when needed.
SPECIFIC SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Must be detail-oriented and able to arrange, organize, and maintain records according to specific guidelines.
• Must have a working knowledge of principles and processes for accounting.
• Must have a working knowledge of office procedures and systems (Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and Internet Explorer, and MAS90), managing files and records, and other office procedures.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully, including applying mathematics when needed.
Interested applicant should forward their resume ASAP to the email : firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesPurpose: Follow up with customer questions, quotations, shipment schedules, schedule changes, due payments, product changes, and generally be the customer's point of contact and advocate in the company. You will be responsible for assisting the customer through their entire interaction with the company - from answering questions about our quotes to them, to facilitating their order, keeping them up-to-date on order status and changes, communicating their needs to our operations group, and helping our finance people get paid once the product is delivered. You will be busy.
An ideal candidate will:
• Always be professional and courteous even while multi-tasking
• Self-manage and work effectively in a fast paced environment
• Be able to prioritize a wide variety of tasks ranging from very simple to complex
• Enjoy taking on new tasks and increasing responsibilities
An ideal candidate has probably:
• Spent a lot of time on the phone and email with customers with complex products
• Done some light bookkeeping or administrative work as a part of their job
• Enjoyed working in a job that required a lot of creative problem-solving in a variety of areas
RequirementsEssential duties and responsibilities:
• Front desk reception
• Compiling sales and marketing reports
• Creating and posting updates on company website and social media sites
• Updating database files
These responsibilities may be increased to include:
• Development of marketing campaigns
• Blogging, press releases, e-blast campaigns
• Video-creation and media presentations
• College Education highly desired (recent grad preferred)
• Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
o Experience with Photoshop is a plus
• Working knowledge of Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, etc.)
• Strong writing skills; ability to communicate effectively in writing
• Well-groomed and personable
• Able to deal with all types of people
• $14+ per hour with opportunity for periodic increases as well as benefits and 401K match
Required application materials:
• Cover letter
• Unofficial transcript
• Informal 1 minute video of you, detailing why you would like to work at our office. This does not need to be professionally produced. Please post the video on YouTube and include the link in your cover letter email.