Accounting and financeBookmark This
12525 NE 7TH AVE
North Miami, FL
Posted: February 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAcumerica, Inc., is seeking an Accounting/Finance intern working toward their Bachelor's in Accounting/Finance. You will receive an exciting hands-on opportunity to work closely with a modern management team that's flexible and open to applying new Accounting and Financial strategies to strengthen the company's brand as well as the company vendor’s bran. This position is accountable for variety assignments which could include: New Product Costing, Cost Accounting, General Accounting, Tax, Standard Setting, Financial Analysis, to Tax Representation, Tax Planning, bookkeeping, Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for management review, etc.
We welcome Intern's who are seeking college Credit!
Responsibilities• Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for management review.
• Prepare monthly close journal entries for revenue, expense, and other recurring entries.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations.
• Assist CEO and Management with grant research, budgeting, and special projects per management’s request.
• Documentation and continuous update of accounting and financial reporting policies
• Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable: Process AP and AR, including all recurring accounts payable
• Compile monthly financial reports and prepare invoices for clients
•Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks and support payable and receivables
•Balance sheet reconciliation and bank statement reconciliation
•payments, customer invoices, follow-up on aged receivables, and process bank deposits and cash •receipts, including credit card payments.
•Customer / Vendor Set Up: Set up new customers / vendors and maintain accurate, up-to-date •information for existing customers / vendors.
• Partner Support: emailing, faxing.
• Assist Vendors with QuickBooks Training
Requirements• High School Diploma and currently enrolled in university program in Accounting or Finance.
• Understand finance and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and banking
• Preference will be given to candidate with knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS word.
• Willingness to learn and collaborate with team.
• Attention to detail and self-motivator.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a business group