Accounting Assistant/Bookmark This
Nu Health care
Posted: July 27 2016
Company Location: Sacramento, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionReports directly to local CEO, Director of Operations, corporate CFO, and controller.
· Provide accounting services including data input of A/R, A/P, cash management, journal entries, account reconciliation and Job Costing information.
· Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for the Canadian and US companies, including consolidation.
· Prepare for and provide information for internal and external auditors
· Prepare and achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions, and assisting with all closing processes.
· Provide status of financial condition by collecting and reporting financial data to upper management.
· Prepare payroll information for outside vendor processing (US and Canada).
· Reconcile payroll hours from CeleriTime for importing into Sage 50
· Conduct new employee onboarding process
· Perform other human resource and administrative functions as liaison to Director of Human Resources
Responsibilities· Provide accounting support to the CFO
· Generate and send out all project billings and job invoices, and set up and maintain customer project purchase order/billing files
· Process new customer account requests, including credit applications, obtain approvals, set up accounts, prepare invoices, and obtain sales tax certificates
· Provide ongoing account maintenance, including accurate file documentation and organization
· Monitor outstanding receivables and follow up on aged invoices and solicit payment, when necessary
· Work closely with project managers and sales representatives to maintain accounts
· Assist with accounting audits, sales and use tax preparation, and multi-state compliance filings
· General ledger maintenance, regular journal entry postings, including accruals
· Assist with monthly financial reporting
· Maintain licenses and files on professional licensure and other government filings/applications
Requirements· Previous construction and/or manufacturing accounting experience preferred
· 2 or 4 year Accounting Degree preferred (or equivalent accounting/bookkeeping experience required)
· Experience with Sage 50 and CeleriTime preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products, with focus on Microsoft Excel
· Eye for detail, accuracy is imperative
· Ability to meet deadlines critical
· Strong analytical skills