Accounting Internship (2016-2182)Daktronics Inc.
Accounting Intern - Winter 2016-2017Athena Consulting, Inc
Real Estate Accounting InternshipSimon Baron Development
Accounting InternHTH & Associates
Accounting InternshipAsk Tax Int'l., Inc.
Accounting/Business InternshipConnectivity Agency
**HIRING TAX PREPARERS & ADMIN** NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARYNu Republic
Accounting InternBookmark This
120 5th Avenue
New York, NY
Posted: July 08 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMaison Kayser USA is an Artisanal Parisian Bakery and Café which originated in Paris France by Chef Eric Kayser in 1996. The Maison Kayser concept is based on Craftsmen Bakers, respectful of small-¬‐scale bakery tradition using natural leaven. We are recognized for our technical innovations, new recipes, innovative store designs and a constant search for the best quality ingredients. Today, there are over 100 Maison Kayser locations in the world (14 different countries). We carry 60 varieties of bread as well as 50 types of cakes and 25 types of pastries. Although we are new to NYC (3 years and six locations), we intend to continue to expand, and become as prominent here as we are world-wide. The Accounting Intern will play a very hands-on role with our corporate office. As our company expands we will have several job openings available and an internship with Maison Kayser is a great way to get your foot in the door.
Responsibilities• Reviewing weekly bank reconciliations including initiating any journal entry adjustments needing to be made;
• Preparing and reviewing payables allocation for all invoices allocated across stores after ensuring proper receipt of goods;
• Posting journal entries for sales, cash deposits and payables in QuickBooks and ensure accurate reporting;
• Preparing the weekly report consolidating all invoices to be paid taking into account payment terms, operational comments and construction department workflow;
• Reconciling the Sales report from the point of sales system against the credit cards reports;
• Reconciling the credit card transactions against the appropriate statement;
• Reconciling the monthly vendor statements against the recorded invoices;
• Recording petty cash, expense reports, gift cards and staff meal allocations;
• Assisting with the B2B invoices and monthly statements;
• Assistance with special projects, as directed by Controller and Accounting Managers
• Administrative tasks including filing, scanning, cutting checks and safeguarding of accounting software.
Requirements- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer software packages, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Understand finance and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and banking
- BS in Accounting
-Tuesday and Thursday full day availability (8 hours each day with 4 hours required on any other day of the week)