Accounting InternBookmark This
235 E Broadway Suite 724
Long Beach, CA
Posted: April 29 2017
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis office is run by an Enrolled Agent and also performs all aspects of tax services. Financial statements are produced and presented to small business owners every month. The software used in QuickBooks Online exclusively. We are looking for interns to learn the full cycle of Accounting. There will be daily accounts payable, bank reconciliations, journal entries, creating invoices, and processing payments. If interested, there is plenty of opportunity to learn tax and marketing. The internship is 3 months in duration. The maximum hours of work per week is 18 hours. Intern days are flexible. I do not offer internship training on Mondays. Hours are 10:30 to 3pm.
Responsibilities~ Analyze and compare facts and figures, using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
~ Compile monthly financial reports and prepare invoices for clients
~Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks and support payables and receivables
~ Completes bank and/or account reconciliations.
~ Month/year end closing
~ Performs filing as needed of various financial documents.
~Prepares journal entries, account updates, and maintenance in QuickBooks accounting system.
~ Collates and copy financial data as requested.
~Generates financial reports in QuickBooks.
~ Creates and prepares various financial support schedules.
~ Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable:
~ Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness.
~ Records documents in QuickBooks by vendor account.
~ Processes invoices for payment via check, ACH, wires.
~ Completes daily cash reconciliations to report cash inflows and outflows.
~ Maintains Quickbooks data for Vendors and customers.
~ Other Accounting/Finance duties as required:
~Prepare Client Tax Returns
~Communicates frequently with clients and other Kelly Rolfe affiliates for clarifications and follow-up.
~ Fields questions with external vendors or customers to answer questions and/or confirm details.
~ Performs research on Accounting Transactions and Tax Laws
~ All other accounting and finance duties as needed.
Requirements- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer software packages, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Understand finance and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and banking
- Looking for strong critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently once fully trained.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Short term internship, 3 months.
6 to 18 hours per week maximum
• Actively pursuing Accounting collegiate degree with minimum of 3 years at accredited college/university or 60 units completed toward accounting degree.
• Proficient use with MS Office suite applications.
• Accounting degree or actively enrolled in a MBA program preferred.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• QuickBooks or accounting system experience.
• Previous experience or internship a plus