Accounting InternBookmark This
122 Baxter Street, Suite 602
New York, NY
Posted: August 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are an accounting firm located conveniently in downtown Manhattan, New York. We provide accounting, bookkeeping, financial planning, and tax preparation services for businesses and individuals.
You will be trained to handle different types of tax reports and financial statements under the supervision of a certified public accountant. Permanent job positions are available as well. Depending on your performance, we may offer employment after the internship ends.
This internship can fulfill the experience requirement for the U.S. Certified Public Accountant license.
Responsibilities- Enter and reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Enter data into tax preparation software.
- Produce various business and individual federal, state, and local tax returns.
- Maintain records by scanning, copying, and filing documents and folders.
- Draft letters to financial institutions and government agencies.
- Research current tax and accounting regulations.
Requirements- Can communicate in English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Understand finance and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and banking