Accounting InternBookmark This
Posted: September 10 2015
Company Location: San Francisco, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCommunity Solutions is a consultancy providing management services for our clients including accounting, organizational development, and appreciative planning.
We are seeking an intern to provide non-profit book keeping services, and annual record reviews for our clients. Much of this work can be done online using Quickbooks Online, and related donor software.
Responsibilities- Analyze and compare facts and figures, using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Compile monthly financial reports and prepare invoices for clients
- Coordinate organizational and administrative tasks and support payables and receivables
- Must be a self starter and also a team player
Requirements- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer software packages, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Understand finance and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and banking
- Working knowledge of non profit organizations such as churches and not-for-profit organizations
- Ability to use accounting software such as Quickbooks Online (Certification a plus)
SkillsRequired - Commitment to Customer Service, Basic Accounting, GAAP Standards, Nonprofit Management
Preferred - Learn New Software Quickly