Accounting and Finance InternThe Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Services Center
Accounting InternPenrose Realty
Finance / Accounting InternThe J.M Smucker
Accounts Payable AssistantBENEICKE GROUP
Accounting InternshipMaple Vue Staffing
Accounting AssistantRandstad US
Accounting InternBookmark This
10482 Baltimore Avenue, #304
Posted: September 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEstablished in October 2006, Adonai Partners has been strategically positioned to touch a hurting world, the poor and the vulnerable people; with God’s love, with compassionate action, giving people a lift out of their conditions. Inspired by our Christian values, we are committed to working with some of Africa’s most vulnerable communities with the goal of human transformation and serving all people in love regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. Adonai Partners is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit Christian mission and development organization working with communities in Africa to address the needs of those affected by disease, war and extreme poverty. We run community based programs ministering to the whole person - spirit, soul, mind and body!
This internship opportunity will contribute to your professional development by building your knowledge and skills. Furthermore, it will enable you to practice your values of compassion, equality and justice, and provide opportunities for personal reflection and change. Also, it will give you an opportunity to work with other professionals and see the global Body of Christ at work.
1) Provide accounting support services using Intuit’s QuickBooks for Adonai Partners financial activities. Perform monthly bank reconciliations for the organization’s checking account.
2) Database management using Microsoft Access, review and update the database of Adonai Partners donors containing names, postal addresses, email addresses and other vital information of each donor; and prepare profiles for significant donors.
3) Research potential donors or organizations interested in funding/sponsoring some combination of the following: a faith-based organization, health, children, micro finance, vocational/technical skills building initiatives, or water projects in Africa.
4) Make follow-up fund raising calls to inquire a) if they have received a funding request letter from Adonai Partners; and b) whether they plan to donate money to support our mission projects in Africa; and c) call those who already supported to thank them.
5) Research, develop and maintain a database of African organizations in the US such as African churches, churches with interest in the transformation of Africa, mission or other para-church organizations and individuals that might be interested in supporting the work of Adonai Partners
6) Research, develop and maintain a database of foundations and large donors that Adonai Partners may approach for grants and support.
7) Develop and maintain a database of missionaries serving among unreached people in Africa for use in promoting Adonai Partners prayer events.
8) Contribute towards grant writing and other fund raising efforts through the identification of funding sources, preparation of good proposals/grant seeking packages for submission to foundations and corporate donors.
RequirementsThe Accounting Intern position requires a self-starter and effective communicator with computer skills and a keen ability for accuracy and efficiency in supporting our accounting activities, specifically:
• Two years progressive college education in accounting and/or other relevant business education
• Knowledge of Intuit’s QuickBooks for recording transactions and bank reconciliation is required
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and writing skills, and an ability to prioritize
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Commitment to work for a minimum of 15 hours weekly, on-site
• Positive references
Additionally, an intimate relationship with Christ and a passion for international development is a shared experience of those who serve with Adonai Partners. We seek to maintain a work environment that is friendly, enthusiastic, creative, responsive, highly motivated, and team oriented. Preference will be given to candidates in the Greater Washington area (DC, Maryland and Virginia).
SkillsRequired - Accounting
Preferred - Communication Skills