Accounting InternBookmark This
Public Health Solutions
40 Worth St.
New York, NY
Posted: October 06 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlease send out all resumes to email@example.com with subject line reading “accountant intern”
Job Title: Accounting Intern
Location: New York, NY
Project: Fiscal Department
Public Health Solutions is a nonprofit organization that develops implements and advocates dynamic solutions to prevent disease and improve community health. We conduct comprehensive research providing insight on public health issues, create and manage community health programs, and provide services to organizations to address public health challenges.
Programs of Public Health Solutions address critical public health needs such as maternal and child health, nutrition, access to health insurance, HIV prevention and care, and smoking cessation. We are able to provide a lot of our services through grants we receive.
Public Health Solutions seeks an accountant intern for its Fiscal Department to support our Fiscal Manager with our accounting software and preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
Specifically, the Accounting Intern will:
• Assist in general maintenance and support of accounting software.
• Work on special projects with the CFO, controller and key accounting staff
• Participate in ad-hoc fiscal projects, analyses and related work
• Assist with new system analyses and implementations
• Assist in maintaining, developing, testing and analyzing fiscal reports.
• Perform general administrative duties.
Note: This position is unpaid, and hours are flexible
For more information about working at Public Health Solutions, please visit our website at www.healthsolutions.org
Public Health Solutions is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
• Undergraduate student majoring in Accounting at junior level.
• Must have completed at least 12-16 credits of accounting coursework.
• Knowledge of basic accounting skills.
• Excellent computer skills in Excel and MS Office.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.