Payroll ClerkNormans Company
ACCOUNTING INTERN / STAFF ACCOUNTANTFRISBEY, CARTER AND ASSOCIATES
Fashion Showroom Finance InterneM Productions
Junior Accountanthr block
Accounting InternWhirlpool Corporation
Modelling Internship SchemeNational Audit Office
Accounting InternFelice Zalk, MBA
Office Assistant / Tax PreparerJ.B.D CONSULTING GROUP INTERNATIONAL
Accounting Intern - Spring Semester 2017Bookmark This
2350 W. Higgins Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL
Posted: October 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout GiGi’s Playhouse:
Founded in 2003, GiGi's Playhouse Inc.’s mission is to change the way the world views Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families, and the community. All Programs are free and are therapeutic in nature. Each program is designed to work on specific skill development, including speech and language, socialization and fine and gross motor skills.
About the Accounting and Finance Department:
GiGi’s Playhouse’s national playhouse accounting and finance department consists the CFO, one accounting special projects manager, and two associate accountants. The accounting and finance department handles all accounting for the national office, the bookkeeping for 16 of the 27 remote playhouses, and all insurance, tax and regulatory duties.
• All bookkeeping for at least two playhouses. This process includes:
o Accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, etc.
o Communication with remote playhouse staff to request pertinent backup for transactions
o Preparation of monthly financial statements
• American Express bookkeeping
o Book all credit card receipts for 6+ cards
o Reconcile monthly
• Assist in annual audit and annual tax return process
o Collecting documents and statements for auditors and external tax accountants
o Preparing schedules
o Communicating with remote playhouse treasurers for backup and documentation
• Special projects relating directly to accounting, finance and/or insurance as needed.
• General clerical duties: filing, scanning, etc.
• Junior or Senior in Accounting or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication Skills
• Intermediate to advanced excel skills
o Knowledge of VLookups and Pivot Tables, a plus
• Experience in QuickBooks and DonorPerfect, a plus
• Education in non-profit accounting desirable