Accounting Internship - FallBookmark This
Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rigths (GLAHR)
7 Dunwoody, Park Suit # 110
Posted: July 27 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEstablished in 2001, GLAHR is a community-based organization that develops statewide grassroots leadership in Latino immigrant communities. Over the past 10 years, GLAHR has established a powerful network of informed and engaged community members through base-building strategies that defend and advance the civil and human rights of Latinos and immigrants in Georgia.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Adelina Nicholls, Anicholls@glahr.org
Responsibilities• Set up QuickBooks for Nonprofits account
• Updating records in QuickBooks
• Maintain monthly bookkeeping
• Create spreadsheet outlining grantor requirements and application deadlines
• Write compelling nonprofit documents in preparation for grants
Requirements• Education: Junior, Senior, graduate student or recent graduate from an accredited university.
• Skills/Abilities: Candidate must have basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping. Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of and familiarity with QuickBooks. Proficient knowledge of Excel
• Benefits: Even though this is an unpaid internship, you will have opportunity to stretch your skills and be a key player in an up and coming organization. Enjoy a fun, flexible work environment where you can see the difference you are making every day. Gain additional skills/networking at applicable professional development seminars or other outside training events. Receive letter of recommendation from GLAHR after successful completion of internship. Internship could be available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines.
• Candidate must live in Georgia