Accounting InternshipBookmark This
4201 W. Broadway
Posted: September 20 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLaunch your career building in demand experience through Innovia Communications Internship Program. We are a small audio/video conferencing business expanding into telecommunications and security. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the CEO, gain “real world” experience in high impact tasks, and develop a deeper understanding of business. We are able to provide this experience by maintaining a small and effective team. In addition to gaining in demand experience through our unpaid internship program, we offer occasional projects for compensation and flexible scheduling to accommodate your busy schedule. We are currently seeking accounting interns to fulfill the following responsibilities with the opportunity to cross-train in additional accounting avenues.
Responsibilities• Enter data into the database on an ongoing basis
• Record expenses and cost-of-goods sold
• Generate invoices and profit and lost reports
• Maintain personal contact with customers and vendors on receivable matters as directed by manager.
• Prepare bank deposit and reconcile payments
• Balance sheets
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports to compare budgeted costs to actual costs
• Additional projects as assigned
Requirements• Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
• Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential
• Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable
• Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems preferred