Accounting InternBerkshire Hathaway Corporation
General AnalystInvestment Firm
Accounting Internship (2016-2182)Daktronics Inc.
Accounting Intern - Winter 2016-2017Athena Consulting, Inc
Real Estate Accounting InternshipSimon Baron Development
Accounting InternHTH & Associates
Accounting InternshipAsk Tax Int'l., Inc.
Health Limited Inc Company
Posted: July 08 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCollege Office Administrative Support Assistant - Administrative (4897)
California State University 411 reviews - East Bay, CA
Front-line office reception and support of staff:
* Serve as the primary receiver of in-person, telephone, or electronic traffic to the College office, routing or responding to said traffic as required or directed.
* Provide administrative support to all College office staff and Deans.
* Receive mail and deliver to the College office; sort and organize mail as necessary.
* Transportation and/or delivery of materials from Academic Affairs or the College to various University Departments across campus.
* File paper and electronic documents; scanning of documents as necessary.
* Data entry.
* Provide basic support to users of College Office equipment (such as the copier), fielding simple inquiries about the functionality, use, or supplies of the equipment.
* Schedule meetings and arrange for rooming using the 25 Live system, electronic calendaring, or other specified system.
* Ensure all College office spaces are tidy, arranging for custodial services as required.
* Organize and maintain confidential files and paperwork.
* In the event of an absence, coordinate front-line office coverage with the Assistants to the Deans.
* Other work in the support of the College office staff and Deans as assigned.
College curriculum support and backup:
* Provide support and backup to Deans, faculty, and staff working on curriculum and
assessment at the College level.
* Enter and edit curricular proposals of all types into Curriculog.
* Edit and maintain website or other record of CLASS Curriculum committee actions and CLASS assessment team actions.
* Take minutes at CLASS Curriculum committee meetings; disseminate minutes to committee membership as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
* Assist college at annual University events which could occur on a weekend or evening, e.g. Faculty or Student Honors Convocation, Commencement, etc.
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Excellent organizational, record keeping, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities efficiently, effectively, and accurately.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse student, faculty, and staff population.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, or equivalent office productivity software.
* Ability to use the Internet to research and gather information.
* Ability to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
* Two years skilled office experience or vocational training.
* Thorough knowledge of California State University policies and procedures.
* Experience handling confidential information.
* Knowledge of, or experience with, the PeopleSoft system