Finance InternBookmark This
Health Resources in Action
95 Berkeley Street, Suite 201
Posted: August 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are searching for a Finance Intern to join HRiA’s Administration & Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an interest in the Finance and Accounting field.
The Finance Intern is a part time, unpaid internship in HRiA’s Office of Administration & Finance. Supervised by the Accounting Manager, this position serves a variety of functions in support of other finance staff and will help the intern to develop working skills in, general ledger maintenance, auditing, budgeting, reconciliations and government contracting.
Commitment: 18 to 21 hours per week (flexible schedule)
Preferred Start Date: 9/16/2016
Duration: 3-4 months
Responsibilities- Supervised general ledger maintenance
- Spreadsheet and report preparation and maintenance
- Communication with all departments regarding reports
- Data entry in accounting software
- Other administrative duties as assigned
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Requirements- Currently enrolled in a 4 year degree program, pursuing a degree in Finance or a related major
- Some coursework completed
- Exposure to working in an office environment
- Strong computer skills
- Above average excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently
- An interest in non-profit/service organizations