Accounting, IT/ Computer Science InternArnoff and Associates, Inc.
Accounting internArnoff and Associates, Inc.
Private Practice Insurance Billing/ Accounting AssistantWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)Aspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Business Controls InternshipMovado Group, Inc.
Finance / Accounting InternThe J.M Smucker
Accounting InternCrescent Pharma OTC
Internship (Unpaid) - Accounting/FinanceBookmark This
Skills for Chicagoland's Future
191 N Wacker Drive Suite 1150
Posted: August 06 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the direction of the Vice-President of Finance & Operations, the team divides responsibilities that need to be carried out into two separate functions between Finance and Contracts Management. The Intern will work closely with the Controller to provide assistance and gain immediate experience ranging from: compilation and coding, research, analysis and file maintenance. This internship is unpaid, full or part-time and the duration is open.
The Finance & Operations Intern will be responsible for various tactical duties, such as:
• Initial point on accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to ensure all information is compiled and synthesized before passing it on to the Controller.
• Assisting with reconciliations, financial planning and analysis, and historical review of costs as part of the month-end close process.
• Conducting research on services and fees related to operating vendors as an overall review of current vendors in place and any ad-hoc projects.
• Assisting with the organization and filing of both physical and server-based files.
• Assisting with phone coverage during Executive Assistant’s lunch break/out of office days.
• Assist with the compilation and organization of financial data into voucher packets to be submitted to key public/government funders.
• Prepare and gather information related to audit requests stemming from external auditor and/or public funders requesting on-site visits.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values and mission of the organization. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills, and personal attributes:
1) Pursuing BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
2) Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
3) Prefer junior or senior, but open to reviewing sophomore candidates.
4) An interest in Nonprofit and/or government sector.
5) Prefer experience developing and building relationships.
6) Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel required.
7) Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills and analytical skills.
8) Strong attention to detail; organizational skills and ability to multi-task