Jr Budget Analyst InternBookmark This
LMH Strategies, Inc.
Posted: December 11 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLMH Strategies is seeking Part-Time Intern in our McLean, Virginia office to support senior staff with
multiple aspects of finance and accounting. The Intern will assist senior staff with financial support. This
position will be remote as in addition to 1 or 2 days per week at our Falls Church location. Applicant must
have some means of transportation.
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Filing expense reports
• Issue invoices to customers
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
• Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
• Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
• Conduct weekly/monthly reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Issue financial statements
• Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
• Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
• Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain the annual budget
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
• Process payroll in a timely manner
The Intern will work collaboratively and strategically with senior staff to define and identify target markets
and build the prospect universe.
This position provides an exceptional learning, growing and career-advancing opportunity in the exciting
field of finance and accounting.
This is a non-paid Internship for the first three months. You maintain your own hours, schedule, and will
agree to meet for key meetings at mutually beneficial dates and times in person or remotely.
A stipend will be provided to offset some cost including local travel and business related expenses after
successful demonstration of achieving objectives and work products after the first month.
You must have your own computer and cell phone to achieve work. We will provide any additional business
software licenses required to achieve duties.
This position does have the ability to be converted to an independent contractor agreement, temp, on- site
client contract, or overhead status.
We will be fully supportive of your career goals. We are flexible. We want you to be successful.
We want you to be Honest. We want you to be Ethical. We want you to be Transparent.
Come join us!!!!
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• 0-2 years of related work experience
• A strong sense of organization, with strict attention to detail
• Comfortable in an Apple and related applications Environment
• Excellent Listening, retention, and execution skills
• Demonstrated flexibility to manage multiple tasks, solve problems and work effectively in a fast-paced,
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with QuickBooks online pro highly desirable
• Thrives in a team-oriented, entrepreneurial corporate environment
• Bachelor’s degree or in pursuit of Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• A fierce, fun, collaborative attitude
• Legal right to work in the United States