Royalties SpecialistBookmark This
Talent Hunt Group
Posted: September 27 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLeading web firm seeking someone with advanced excel skills who can meet tight deadlines in paying out royalties to multiple vendors at a time. Royalties experience is preferred but advanced excel skills will do for this role.
The position of Royalty Specialist will have direct involvement with timely and accurate processing of firms royalty reporting and related payment processes. This position will handle day to day internal and external inquiries related to royalties, collaborate with internal partners, and bring visibility and improvements to our royalty systems and end to end royalty payment process.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a customer-obsessed company whose main priority is to evaluate what would work best for the customer and ‘work backwards’, we bring passion and dedication when working with external and external partners. In this role, you will need to:
· Be an integral part of the automation of advance payments system with royalty content providers
· Ensure timely completeness and accuracy of a high volume of royalty reports
· Calculate and prepare royalties reports to ensure all contractual obligations are met
· Prepare accurate reconciliations and controls related to roll-forward balances, advance allocations, and completeness
· Provide timely & researched communication to internal and external contacts related to royalties
· Manage queries (internal or external) through ticketing system
· Research and resolution of all failed and returned payments
· Initiate, drive and implement improvements of royalty processes and become subject matter expert of royalty payments process
· Weekly/monthly/Quarterly metrics reporting and analysis
· Ad hoc reports and analysis as required
· Basic understanding of Intellectual Property Licensing/ (Royalty) rights
· Familiarity with W-9, W-8BEN, and 1099 forms and reporting requirements a plus (track and account for tax withholding)
· Understanding of royalty and finance related concepts (i.e. returns, net sales, accruals, journal entries)
· Work with other departments that interface with royalty department
· Be committed to having all assigned responsibilities completed accurately and on time.
· Minimum 3 – 5 years royalty experience
· Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skil
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, and will have the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority responsibilities. Candidate must have high regard for customer satisfaction (external and internal) and demonstrate strong client management & delivery skills. Candidate must possess advanced excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUPS), have experience working with large data files, and be comfortable with formatting large amounts of data to achieve the required results/reports. Database knowledge is highly desired. Experience with automated royalty systems and enhancements is preferred.
SkillsRequired - Advanced Excel
Preferred - Royalties