Staff Accountant - InternBookmark This
FIDELITY ACCOUNTING TAX SERVICE PS
2519 15th Ave S
Posted: October 12 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are a well-established, Seattle-based CPA firm that specializes in serving small businesses as well as international clients. We have been in business for more than twenty years. Due to our excellent reputation and location, we have experienced strong and steady growth both internationally and domestically.
As an Accountant, your main responsibility will be to provide the same outstanding personal service to both our small business clients and our high net-worth international clients. We interact with our clients on a frequent basis, and our systems keep the work flow running smoothly throughout the year. You will prepare financial statements, tax filings (e.g., S Corp, LLC, 1040), and help our clients with ongoing tax planning. As a staff accountant intern, you will provide exceptional personal service to clients and foster long-lasting working relationships. Your people skills and managing skills are just as important as your technical skill.
* Prepare various tax returns, including 1040, 1120, 1120s, 1041, and 1065.
* Prepare multi state and local tax returns, including Washington state, Oregon, California, and New York forms.
* Supervise payroll function: payroll and pay monthly and quarterly payroll taxes, including 941 and 940 forms, state and unemployment insurance tax filing, and Labor and Industries quarterly reports.
* Ensure clients comply with periodic tax payment and information reporting.
* Prepare company year-end closing; file annual tax reports; and issue W-2, 1099, and other necessary forms.
* Advise clients on how to minimize tax liability, inform clients of tax changes that affect their businesses, and ensure compliance with federal and state tax requirements.
* Research various federal and state tax issues per clients’ requests.
* Supervise accounting and bookkeeping process from journal entries to financial statements.
* Assist with audit paperwork and facilitate the federal and state audit processes.
* Set up companies and apply business and all other required government licenses.
* Respond to Internal Revenue Service, state, and local government notices and document requests.
* Directly communicate with clients to gather information, resolve tax-related questions, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
* Help nonresident alien investors apply for their individual taxpayer identification number.
* Publish new tax law changes in newsletter to educate clients.
* Translate newsletter and other important government notices to customers from English to Chinese.
• Must have people skills and managing skills
• Upbeat, confident, and sunny personality
• CPA or strong CPA candidate preferred