Tax Accounting AssistantBookmark This
Results HR, LLC
719 Cottage Grove Road
Posted: October 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur client, a CPA firm in Bloomfield, CT, is looking to help launch the accounting career of a multi-tasker who thrives in a deadline-driven environment. As the right hand to the CPA, you will gain valuable experience while you provide accounting and administrative support. This position requires 30+ hours from January through April and 20 hours/week for the remainder of the year. Your commitment to do what it takes during the busy season will be rewarded with flexibility at other times.
Our client offers competitive pay, paid vacation, and a retirement savings plan with company match, in addition to the opportunity to grow with the company.
Please send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the expected volume of responses, we will not be able to consider applications which do not include salary history.
ResponsibilitiesThe position includes the following responsibilities:
• Assist in preparing individual, fiduciary, corporate, partnership, and other income tax returns
• Assist in researching, tracking, and resolving tax problems, including tax authority correspondence
• Communicate professionally with clients, including drafting correspondence and e-mails and calling clients with questions and updates
• Maintain document management system
• Maintain responsibility for all year-end Form 1099 Federal and State tax filings, including updating and maintaining applicable software
• Provide general administrative support, including typing, scanning, and faxing
• Protect the confidentiality of client information
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications:
• Minimum three years’ administrative/accounting experience
• At least two years’ college coursework, including accounting courses
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Experience with QuickBooks and/or tax preparation software a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
SkillsRequired - Accounting, Excel, Administrative
Preferred - QuickBooks, Tax Accounting