Accounting InternUnited Technology
Private Practice Insurance Billing/ Accounting AssistantWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Bookkeeping/AccountantIt's A Girl Thing!Inc.
Tax AccountingThe J.M Smucker
Finance/Accounting InternThe J.M Smucker
Editorial / Journalism InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Tax Assistant - Fort Wayne, INBookmark This
Wright Way 2 Go Tax Service
2200 Lake Ave
Fort Wayne, IN
Posted: November 24 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTax intern positions are considered entry level positions and their main responsibility is to assist the office manager and tax preparers. 3 Business and Accounting or General Studies Majors preferred. The hours are 2-7p.m 2 -3 days a week to complete your intern hours with a paid position being offered on Friday Saturday and Sunday.
*APPLICANTS MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE OFFICE. THIS POSITION IS FOR THE FORT WAYNE OFFICE.
Responsibilities• Assist and support tax consultants and professionals in handling taxation matters
• Answer to customer questions about tax issues
• Respond to customer inquiries about their tax problems
• Organize tax works for tax professionals
• Collaborate with all tax department staff
• Establish and maintain good relationships with customers
• Ensure compliance with company rules, policies and regulations
• Ensure compliance with tax professional standards and ethics in tax intern functions
• Manage and update the tax database
• Perform several clerical and secretarial duties such as type, print or copy documents and reports, answer telephone, make appointments and receive and send e-mails
• Perform other required tasks
• Assembling tax returns and extensions,
• distributing completed tax returns to clients,
• E-filing tax returns and extensions,
• Maintaining tax return due date lists,
• Composing and typing correspondences,
• Backup reception and other office duties as assigned.
Requirements• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to compute figures rapidly and accurately
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
• Highly organized and good planner
• Efficient in time management
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to meet deadlines
• Maintain office ethics and confidentiality
• Stress management
• Ability to perform well without close supervision Systems and applications aptitude – ability to interact with software provider for problem solving.
• Must possess the ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively handle stressful situations.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must!
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients via phone, email, fax, and occasionally in person.
• Telephone manner
• Capacity of analysis and synthesis
• Computer skills
• Team worker Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
• Previous experience processing tax returns is preferred but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures