Payroll SpecialistHallcon Corporation
Logistics ClerkHallcon Corporation
Accounting AssistantRandstad US
Data Entry Clerk InternNOVA CHEMICALS
FINANCE OR ACCOUNTING INTERNNOVA CHEMICALS
FINANCE OR ACCOUNTING INTERNAlberta Health Services (AHS)
Front Desk ClerkOutsource Tel
Accounting Clerk BookkeeperOutsource Tel
Tax Assistant - Fort Wayne, INBookmark This
Wright Way 2 Go Tax Service
2200 Lake Ave
Fort Wayne, IN
Posted: November 24 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTax intern positions are considered entry level positions and their main responsibility is to assist the office manager and tax preparers. 3 Business and Accounting or General Studies Majors preferred. The hours are 2-7p.m 2 -3 days a week to complete your intern hours with a paid position being offered on Friday Saturday and Sunday.
*APPLICANTS MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE OFFICE. THIS POSITION IS FOR THE FORT WAYNE OFFICE.
Responsibilities• Assist and support tax consultants and professionals in handling taxation matters
• Answer to customer questions about tax issues
• Respond to customer inquiries about their tax problems
• Organize tax works for tax professionals
• Collaborate with all tax department staff
• Establish and maintain good relationships with customers
• Ensure compliance with company rules, policies and regulations
• Ensure compliance with tax professional standards and ethics in tax intern functions
• Manage and update the tax database
• Perform several clerical and secretarial duties such as type, print or copy documents and reports, answer telephone, make appointments and receive and send e-mails
• Perform other required tasks
• Assembling tax returns and extensions,
• distributing completed tax returns to clients,
• E-filing tax returns and extensions,
• Maintaining tax return due date lists,
• Composing and typing correspondences,
• Backup reception and other office duties as assigned.
Requirements• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to compute figures rapidly and accurately
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
• Highly organized and good planner
• Efficient in time management
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to meet deadlines
• Maintain office ethics and confidentiality
• Stress management
• Ability to perform well without close supervision Systems and applications aptitude – ability to interact with software provider for problem solving.
• Must possess the ability to meet tight deadlines and effectively handle stressful situations.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must!
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients via phone, email, fax, and occasionally in person.
• Telephone manner
• Capacity of analysis and synthesis
• Computer skills
• Team worker Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
• Previous experience processing tax returns is preferred but not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures