Payroll SpecialistHallcon Corporation
Logistics ClerkHallcon Corporation
Accounting AssistantRandstad US
Data Entry Clerk InternNOVA CHEMICALS
FINANCE OR ACCOUNTING INTERNNOVA CHEMICALS
FINANCE OR ACCOUNTING INTERNAlberta Health Services (AHS)
Front Desk ClerkOutsource Tel
Accounting Clerk BookkeeperOutsource Tel
Tax Internship (Paid)Bookmark This
Shepard Schwartz & Harris
123 N Wacker Drive Suite 1400
Posted: May 26 2017
Application Deadline: June 25, 2017
Position: 5 Part-time, Paid
Timeframe: 08/01/17 — ?
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern Tax Accountant
Many of our current firm leaders started their careers as SS&H interns. We are proud of the program's success and our interns enjoy the financial and professional rewards of gaining real career experience while they complete their education.
Our intern program is designed to give students real world experience – and that means working closely with partners and staff on client assignments. We work around our interns’ class schedules and expose them to a variety of technical areas, with a variety of clients. We are looking to expand our internship program. We are looking for quality students now!
While working at Shepard Schwartz & Harris an intern can expect to…
• Develop an understanding of key programs used in the public accounting industry including, CCH Access, GoFileRoom, and BNA Income Tax Planner
• Strengthen their understanding about tax laws and compliance through one-on-one staff workshops, CPE seminars, and “lunch and learns”
• Get a view into a vast array of entities, industries, and professions
• Apply classroom and training concepts to practical accounting assignments
About Shepard Schwartz & Harris
Shepard Schwartz & Harris has been an integral part of the Chicago business community since 1935. Our clients value our comprehensive worldview while enjoying the benefit of local expertise and relationships. Direct access to the firm’s leaders distinguishes us as we bring our expertise directly to our clients without the bureaucracy inherent in larger firms. Shepard Schwartz & Harris services include: Audit & Accounting, Business Advisory, Tax, and Family Office Services.
Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP is honored to be named one of the Top 25 Chicago’s Largest Accounting Firms in 2015 by Crain’s List as well as Top 25 Best Accounting Firms in Chicago by AdvisoryHQ, an online news media that provides news coverage, independent reviews, and rankings of financial firms and products across the U.S., U.K., and Canada. Some of the criteria used in their selection process are resource availability, customized services, experience level, transparency in fees, and value-added services, to name a few. SS&H’s core values of ingenuity, integrity, and reliability, as well as decades of experience, are some of the qualities that contributed to its selection for this prestigious award.
• Prepare tax returns for high net worth individuals, trusts, S-corporations, and partnerships, LLCs
• Create activity transactions, portfolio, and bond amortization spreadsheets utilizing client source documents
• Prepare income projections for tax planning purposes
• Prepare adjusting journal entries, trial balances, and the associated work papers
• Assist senior staff with various client assignments as they arise
• Accounting Major
• Motivated individual seeking practical accounting experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Self-learner capable of working in a fast paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines
• Proven time management skills
• Knowledge of bookkeeping is appreciated
• Ability to work 15-25 hours per week (and Saturdays from January - April 15)