AFLAC HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNSHIPBookmark This
3201 Wilshire Blvd Suite 102
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionDescription: THIS INVALUABLE INTERNSHIP WILL PREPARE YOU FOR A HUMAN RESOURCES CAREER IN ANY INDUSTRY. IT WILL PROVIDE REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE, DRAMATICALLY IMPROVING TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CONFIDENCE. OUR UNIQUE INTERNSHIP OFFERS AN INTENSE EXPERENTIAL, HAND-ON EXPOSURE TO REAL HR AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOMENT ISSUES. ADDITIONALLY, AFLAC’S ROLE AS THE #1 EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PROVIDER IN THE WORLD WILL EXPSOSE THE SELECTED STUDENTS TO THE MYRIAD OF CHALLENGES THAT FACE CORPORATIONS, LARGE AND SMALL, AS THE ADDRESS THE HR FUNCTION OF ATTRACTING AND RETAING QUALITY EMPLOYEES.
ResponsibilitiesThe program is broken down into three distinct and equal segments.
1/3 Organizational Development
• Understand effective and accountable process flows.
• Understand fundamental of TPD (Talent Pool Development)
• Create and conduct surveys to assess organizational status with the goal of discovering areas that need improvement with regard to employees and clients .
• Formulate possible plans of action to rectify the problem areas.
1/3 Event Planning & Coordination
• Coordinate functions from start to finish.
• Learn how to research locations,
• Understand working with budgets. Maximize dollars through creative cost control.
• Participate in negotiation and contracting.
1/3 Recruiting & Interviewing
• Internet recruiting-learn the in and out of internet sites such as Career builder.com, Monster.com, AIRS Oxygen and more as well as cost free resources.
• Career Fairs Recruiting
• Headhunting/ Guerilla recruiting- finding quality candidates that aren’t currently seeking new employment but that are open to opportunity
• Interviewing techniques