Administration InternBookmark This
1730 M Street, NW , Suite #1100
DescriptionPOSITION TITLE: ADMINISTRATION INTERN
POSITION LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
PRIMARY SUPERVISOR: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Administration Intern works closely with the departments that make up the Administration Division. These departments are Human Resources, Office Systems and Information Technologies. The position works with division staff on a wide variety of administrative tasks. This position requires maturity and a strict adherence to confidentiality requirements as well as a strong customer service orientation and great interpersonal skills.
This part-time internship is ideal for individuals seeking workplace experience in a dynamic NGO environment. This is a paid position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Apply online at http://forms.amideast.org/forms/ats_client/ No phone calls, please.
• Assists with special projects as assigned by department directors and/or managers
• Performs miscellaneous office duties such as filing, copying, editing, research, and document preparation
• Produces correspondence, memoranda, reports and/or other information as required
• Covers the reception desk, answers multi-line telephone and delivers messages
• Assists IT department with application creation and testing
• Other administrative tasks as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree and/or one year of related experience
• Ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and tact while undertaking sensitive work
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Share point
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Accuracy and a strong attention to detail
• Candidate must be a quick learner; able to work independently; and well-organized
• Ability to work at least 20 hours per week