Administration & Operations InternBookmark This
DescriptionMijou Jewelry is a fine jewelry designing and manufacturing company. We are a father and daughter team that designs contemporary fine jewelry in precious metals and stones. We are multiple time award winners and passionate about what we do. For more information about who we are and what we do, visit www.mymijou.com
Mijou Jewelry seeks a top undergraduate student who is a dynamic self-starter to assist administration and operation efforts, who are currently enrolled in business, administration, management, project management, communications, fashion or jewelry design, and related programs for its Business Development Internship Program. Candidates should have strong organizational and project management skills, an interest in organizational and operational systems, strategic planning and project management, and the desire to contribute to the future an upcoming business in the jewelry industry.
The Business Development Internship Program will comprise of one or more interns. The Administration & Operations Intern will be responsible for developing, organizing and systemizing the company’s operations, including handling multiple administrative tasks. Over the course of the internship, each intern will work closely with management to develop and create internal operational systems to coordinate between the various functional arms of the company and to help organize the company administratively.
Responsibilities• Organize company records.
• Research and organize pricing information.
• Research and organize jewelry trade shows.
• Research and organize jewelry design competitions.
• Research and organize retail and wholesale stores with whom the company is to develop partnerships.
• Help develop internal systems for coordinating work functions between the various arms of the company, including other interns.
• Maintain company and management calendars and organize meetings and appointments.
• Follow up via email or telephone with customers and industry partners.
• Other administrative tasks as may be assigned by management.
Requirements• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms of administration and organization
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Administration, Management, Business, Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Fashion Design or Jewelry)
• Previous internship or related experience as a personal/executive assistant or administration
• Detail-oriented executor
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with clients, industry partners and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm about fashion design or jewelry
• Start up business experience is a plus
Each intern reports directly to senior management. Interns should be able to and are comfortable working independently and autonomously with minimal supervision. Interns should be comfortable working in an unstructured environment and may need to work remotely in many instances.