Administrative AssistantBookmark This
4676 Admiralty Way
Marina del Rey, CA
DescriptionTilofy is a smartphone app that helps you find what's happening anywhere in the world right now. The company is co-funded by Microsoft, AOL, Yahoo! and Samsung veterans with over a decade of combined experience in solving massively complex real-time systems. We are excited to be looking for an administrative assistant who enjoys working at a fast paced start up. This position offers a unique window to the exciting world of technology startups. The position is full time and unpaid.
Provide administrative support to management and the company through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Responsibilities- Administer pre-employment proficiency tests for the purpose of ensuring eligibility for employment.
- Assist with employment process (e.g. callbacks, scheduling interviews, data entry, maintaining current applications, assisting with applicant searches, notification, career fairs, etc.) for the purpose of meeting staffing requirements while complying with established guidelines.
- Assist with new employee orientation (e.g. introducing personnel, payroll, and benefit policies, assisting with enrollment forms, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring employees are knowledgeable of current practices and administrative processes.
- Attend meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
- Conduct exit interviews and enters data in computer for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information for the quarterly and end of year compilations of responses.
- Perform record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, filing, collating, data entry, calculating, verifying, etc.) for the purpose of supporting department staff.
- Process documents and materials (e.g. applications, photographs of employees and identification cards, fingerprinting, employment verification, etc.) for the purpose of developing and disseminating information for appropriate parties.
- Receive items within the office (e.g. mail, messages, application packets, packages, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring receipt and delivery to addressee.
- Respond to written and verbal inquires from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information and/or providing direction.
- Support assigned administrative and office personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their functions.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
- Take, type and distribute minutes of meetings
- Organize internal and external events
- Set up and maintain filing systems
- Set up work procedures
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- Liaison with internal and external contacts
Requirements- Knowledge and experience of relevant software applications - spreadsheets, word processing, and database management
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of business principles
- Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- Proven experience in information and communication management
- Required typing speed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant working experience is expected
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Stress tolerance