Administrative AssistantBookmark This
De L'avion, Inc.
118 East Saint Joseph Street
DescriptionGENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, often times under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important. This individual reports to the Executive.
Responsibilities• Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages.
• Manage and maintain executive’s schedule
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software
• Assist staff with administrative duties as requested.
• Cooperate in the maintenance and/or modification of agency data collection system.
• Oversee database management for quality assurance.
• Provide training to staff on database encoding.
• Maintain accurate daily accounting of fees, accounts payable support.
• Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested.
• Compile statistical information for Executive Director as requested.
• Develop and maintain inventory system and report to executive and sales reps.
• Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail including bulk mail.
• Maintain front desk area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
• Type and word process documents as needed.
• Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
• Update and maintain mailing lists.
• Produce mailing labels and reports as requested.
• Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and consumers.
• Facilitate special event registration and execution.
• Assist with various program operations as requested as responsibilities permit.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
• Minimum two years clerical or administrative experience.
• Typing skills with at least 50 WPM.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, OMS system and Quickbook)
• Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
• Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
• High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
• Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings and weekend days.
• Ability to travel for short business trips.