Administrative AssistantBookmark This
Clinical Research Management
Growing and well-respected biomedical (clinical, basic and applied) research firm has openings at USAMRMC . If you are passionate about research, and are looking for a firm that shares your passion, and provides competitive salaries with a strong benefits package, join the ClinicalRM team.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Frederick, Maryland area.
- Generate reports as requested, using Oracle Discoverer to query the Information Management System (IMS)
- Direct phone calls and visitors to appropriate staff members
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable CONUS (within the continental US) and OCONUS (outside the continental US) travel regulations and policies
- As requested make travel arrangements, generate travel orders and prepare subsequent vouchers for ACURO staff
- Receive electronic or hard copies of new proposals and protocols, amendments, or modifications into appropriate electronic systems
- Create proposal file, label, and protocol information sheet using IMS reports for new proposals or by retrieving an existing file for amendments or modifications
- Issue approval documents on new awards via email to appropriate personnel as detailed in IMS system; ensure receipt of electronic approvals through verification of addresses
- Substantiate presence of all required documentation in each file and input this information into IMS
- Update IMS as needed to maintain accurate data on each proposal
- Manage and maintain training and education files for ACURO staff both electronically in appropriate systems and hard copy
- Prepare training requests (DD Form 1556-1) for ACURO staff and assure payment of services prior to training date
- Assist senior ACURO staff in identifying problems, recommending solutions, and making data entry corrections as needed
- Assist in processing extramural activity reports and related documents to meet Congressionally-mandated reporting requirements on DoD sponsored research using animals
- Conduct analysis and verification of administrative information prior to entry into Animal Care and Use (ACU) database
- Work with other ACURO staff members to meet strict deadlines for submission
- Distribute mail daily and process all special handling mail (express packages, etc
- Send and receive faxes as requested by ACURO staff
- Retrieve appropriate files for faxes received and distribute to appropriate ACURO staff member
- Make paper or electronic copies of various documents as requested by ACURO staff
- Assemble packets of documents and distribute as needed
- Prepare and distribute official correspondence as needed
- Ensure that grammar, punctuation, and spelling is correct on all correspondence prior to distribution
- Provide Administrative Support to the US Army Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program (LAM RP)
- Prepare and distribute official correspondence as needed, i.e., letters of invitation, letters of appreciation, etc
- Ensure that grammar, punctuation, and spelling is correct prior to distribution
- Performs light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates for positions under ClinicalRM's contracts with the Department of Defense (DoD) will be required to pass one or more background/security investigations conducted by the DoD, U.S. Army, or other Federal Government agency. Such investigations may include criminal records and credit history checks.
ClinicalRM is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
“NorthCoast 99” Best Places to Work recipient