Volunteer Engagement Intern Recruiter (Fall 2014)The Centers for Families and Children
Volunteer Engagement Intern Recruiter (Summer 2014)The Centers for Families and Children
Chapter President Office InternNational Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Captial Chapter
Social Media Marketing Administrative AssistantBella Tevella LLC
Office Administration InternJanakpur Handicraft Center/Mithila Nepal Gallery
Administrative Assistant InternBookmark This
DescriptionShebaUSA, an IRS 501(c) (3), non-profit organization based in Jackson Heights, Queen was established in 1997 in order to provide resources for immigrant communities in desperate need. Our main focus has been to assist low-income South Asian immigrant populations & immigrant women, based on our research and need of our community, as well as other ethnic groups. Our position is open to all college students and graduate level students. Interns will be required to write grant proposals and aid in maintaining databases for the organization. Unpaid internship but college credits will be awarded. College credit will be awarded.
Responsibilities- Writing grant proposals
- Organizing databases for the organization.
- Must perform tasks in a timely manner for there are many proposals which have to be completed for funding success.
- Organize and collect progress reports
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
Requirements-Must be attending college or graduate level student
- Should be experienced in writing proposals.
- Experience with Non Profit Organizations is preferred.
- Should be able to handle computers and be very organized.
- Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization