Administrative Assistant Intern NeededBookmark This
International Academic Alliance
1032 Avenue of the Americas, 4th Floor
New York, NY
The International Academic Alliance (IAA) collaborates with universities across the US to create educational pathways in nursing, business and technology. IAA programs are customized to fit the needs of students in the US and other parts of the world.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
This internship offers an opportunity for students to gain valuable real-life work experience in an education management company. Training and mentoring is provided by the student advisement department to the intern, whose leadership, presentation, and communication skill is developed by the end of the internship. The intern will gain valuable experience as a member of the advisement team, planning open house events, maintaining the department’s CRM (customer relationship management) system, maintaining records on the SIS (student information system), communicate closely with Adjunct Faculty staff, and assisting and supporting the advisors on office tasks such as answering phone calls, updating company schedules, filing, photocopying, and scanning. This is a 3-month internship program, with a total of 20 hours/week (flexible hours Monday-Friday between 9am to 6pm). A daily stipend of $10 for lunch plus reimbursement of monthly metro card will be offered.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should email a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (e.g. recent research paper, blog site, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Academic Alliance is committed to providing equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Responsibilities● Involvement in educational outreach activities and assist marketing team with maintaining the school's social media exposure
● Assist administrative executives with research and data collection
● Analyze data and create reports through Excel and/or Access and present to management
● Provide data maintenance through the school's Student Information System
● Ensure the overall appearance of the school is appropriate and proper stocking and placement of collateral
● Handle multi-faceted operations responsibilities, including customer service
● Perform additional general office tasks
Requirements● Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
● Juniors and seniors are welcome to apply
● Proficiency in MS Office, and knowledge in using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
● Extremely detail oriented
● Analytical thinking, ability to contribute new ideas, excellent follow-up skills
● Strong written and oral communication is required
● Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks within demanding deadlines, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment