Administrative InternBookmark This
United States Commission on International Religious Freedom
732 North Capitol Street, NW
DescriptionThe United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) is an independent, bipartisan, U.S. federal government advisory commission – the first of its kind in the world – that monitors the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad. USCIRF reviews the facts and circumstances of religious freedom violations and makes policy recommendations to the President, Secretary of State, and Congress. USCIRF Commissioners are appointed by the President and Congressional leadership of both political parties.
(1) Cover letter explaining your qualifications and why you would you like to intern at USCIRF
(3) Writing sample (3-5 pages)
(4) Letters of reference (at least 2)
E-mail, fax, or mail your application materials to:
USCIRF Internship Program
732 North Capitol Street, NW, Suite A714
Washington, DC 20401
Please specify the internship and semester you are applying for in your cover letter and the subject line of an e-mailed application.
Responsibilities- Establish and maintain files and other information as requested
- Assist with preparations for meetings, roundtables, Commission travel, and other events
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Assist with drafting and/or updating office policies and procedures
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Provide general administrative support to the USCIRF team
RequirementsEligible candidates should be:
- U.S. citizens (or otherwise authorized to intern with the U.S. government);
- currently enrolled undergraduates or graduate students (including JD and LLM candidates); and
- able to successfully complete a background check.
Eligible candidates should have:
- a minimum 2.5 GPA;
- strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- an interest in human rights, foreign policy, and/or government;
- ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and as part of a team;
- a willingness to perform administrative tasks; and
- familiarity with the full Microsoft Office suite (Excel and Word in particular).