Administrative InternBookmark This
Violy & Companuy
45 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY
DescriptionPerforms a variety of entry-level professional administrative staff work, gradually increasing in level of difficulty and responsibility as the incumbent receives on-the-job training related to the business, technological, and operational activities of a major administrative division.
* Performs a variety of entry-level administrative staff duties related to areas such as administrative regulations, policies, processes, procedures, systems, methods, reports, surveys, and forms, while learning the fundamental mission, structure, and operations associated with the assigned administrative division.
* Researches problems, discrepancies, and responds to routine inquiries related to the business, technological, and operational activities of the assigned administrative division.
* Effectively utilizes the capabilities and functions of standard office software applications such as data management, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing in completing assigned projects.
* May perform a wide variety of paraprofessional, technical, and clerical tasks during peak workload periods or in the absence of assigned staff.
* May provide work direction to clerical staff.
* Performs related duties as assigned.
Graduation from a recognized college or university.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* Proper business English and Spanish, punctuation, spelling, and grammatical usage
* Basic theory and principles of organization and management
* Capabilities of standard computer systems, software, and hardware
* Computer software such as word-processing, spreadsheet and database management
* Basic methods and techniques of research and management analysis
* Techniques of data collection
* Fact-finding methods and procedures
* Customer service techniques for public contact in person, on the phone, and in written communications
* Record-keeping procedures
* Gather pertinent facts and data, make thorough analyses, and arrive at sound conclusions
* Understand, interpret, and apply pertinent policies, and procedures
* Effectively utilize standard office software and computer equipment in the performance of duties
* Provide technical assistance to others
* Make accurate observations and obtain objective information
* Learn and effectively utilized specialized computer software and systems related to assigned function