Administrative Manager - Unpaid - College Credits & LORBookmark This
4437 Brookfield Corporate Drive
DescriptionAs you know an Administrative Assistant is a Jack of All Trades and a Master of Everything. You must be MacGyver to survive here. If you don’t know who MacGyver is, you should probably Google it.
Summary and Responsibilities:
What you think it is…
This role is responsible for managing all staffing processes, operations, and administration in an IT Services and Consulting company.
What it really is…
This position will touch:
• Human Resources, in regards to, benefits, insurance enrollment/editing/deleting, the on-boarding and exiting of employees, answering questions from employees about payroll, insurance and PTO.
• You will also be in charge of payroll, as far as getting the hours in on time and accurately, without actually processing payroll.
• You will also be responsible for creating, analyzing and editing reports and contracts.
• If you are a technical and creative writer this will serve you well in this position.
• You must also be extremely detailed oriented because you will also be involved in the billing process for our clients in both the government and commercial sectors.
• If you come from a technology firm this will be a plus and/or a sales/recruiting background in business administration.
• This is about 1% of what you will do on a day to day… If you are exhausted after just reading what you have seen above, this place is not for you.
• If you are still reading and not scared, maybe you should apply and we can fill you in on the rest of the role.
• You must be advanced in the Microsoft Suite with a strong focus on Outlook, Word and Excel (Why you may ask? Because you will be responsible for setting up and configuring Outlook. You will be doing heavy writing and editing in Word. And lastly, you will be an excel ninja. You won’t have to write macros, but if you don’t know how to create formulas, you won’t survive.)
• You must like music and not be afraid of loud noises.
• You have to be resourceful. You don’t need to know everything, but you do need to know how to find it in the quickest and most efficient manner.
• You have to have a passion for technology. Technology is what we do.
• You must have a sense of humor. This is not a convent, it is a work hard/play hard type of environment.