Board Development and Fundraising InternBookmark This
LULA WASHINGTON DANCE THEATRE
3773 CRENSHAW BLVD
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: 671 days ago
DescriptionWe are looking for a person to help with the building up of organization infrastructure for the Lula Washington Dance Theatre. We are looking for people whose college studies have focused on strategic planning, Board Development, financial management, and fund development. The ideal candidate will assist the Executive Director and development team in the areas of fundraising, donor stewardship, communications, and grant management. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
Responsibilities- Assist the Executive Director with Board Development and infrastructure development.
- Assist with long term planning
- Assist with budgeting
- Assist with individual donor development
- Assist with events to cultivate donors and supporters
- Tracking and processing gifts
- Taking notes in Board and Planning meetings
- Producing and sending donor acknowledgement and donation request letters
- Assisting with fundraising mailing projects and donor calls as needed
- Grant writing
- Help to cultivate board members, Friends, and Volunteer support groups.
- Planning and coordinating fundraising events
RequirementsApplicant must have studied or have a serious interest in non-profit development.
Must be a graduate student or have a bachelors degree.
Comfortable raising money and asking individuals for money.
Must have excellent written skills; grant writing experience is a plus.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team. Must be a self-starter.
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Must have experience in/knowledge of marketing, outreach, community development, or nor-profit administration.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office