Business Administration InternBookmark This
Project Footsteps, Inc.
1900 Hennepin Ave S.
DescriptionProject Footsteps is a non-profit with a mission to 'inspire, empower and prepare youth and communities to be change agents, social leaders and volunteers.' This happens through partnerships of various sizes and set-ups with youth and community serving agencies, nationwide.
A smooth operational system and functions are essential to assuring that our programs and mission are able to reach the thousands of people we do each year. This internship experience is for someone that wants hands-on experience in a small business, working directly with the administrative functions that make everyone's work possible.
As a Business Administration Intern, your responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
• Coordinating the office inventory system and acquisition
• Organizing partnership contracts and invoices
• Communicating with partners regarding payment procedures and scheduling
• Communicating with Internet and phone service providers regarding problems, payments, changes, etc.
• Coordinating payments and reimbursement submissions for program staff and volunteers
• Tracking program and event expenses
• Coordinating specific program/event budgets
• Developing partnerships and relationships with people, businesses, organizations, etc that can support aspects of our operations
• Willingness to work a set schedule but remain flexible
• Well developed organization skills with a solid orientation to detail.
• A self-starter with a strong desire to learn. Strong commitment to young people and an understanding of factors affecting their lives
• The ability to provide reliable support to young people in times of stress and act with integrity
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Patience, curiosity and flexibility; a sense of adventure and a willingness to try new things
• Formal communication skills for presentations and report writing