Domus Residential Summer InternBookmark This
83 Lockwood Avenue
DescriptionSince 1972, Domus has helped thousands of our region’s most vulnerable youth and their families experience success. The love, structure, and support we provide at our charter schools, residential programs, and community programs enable our kids and families to reach their full potential. Our ability to build relationships helps kids and families who may be struggling in school or in life focus on their strengths and make good choices.
Our approach focuses on key life transitions—moving from elementary to middle school, middle to high school, and high school to skilled work, college, or vocational programs—which are critical to future success but are also when youth are most vulnerable.
Internship opportunities may include the following: research, analysis, review, program development, logistical, marketing, web, and administrative support. Visit our website for details.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Help research and create a Life Skills Curriculum (develop lesson plans for each individual life skill; pre and posttest; activities to complete—both group and individual)
- Gather all Sanctuary materials and organize them in one place (including all psycho-educational curricula materials; video clips; forms) and develop on-going activities to do with youth/staff that build on skills and are not redundant;
- Create one resource of how you do summer enrichment from beginning to end, including a list of Friday field trips that have already been done (including weekly lesson plans, incentives, etc.)
- Contact the Department of Children & Family workers to get a complete and accurate educational history of our boys, including list of educational placements, transcripts from each one, and trends/issues if possible.
- Create a faith based resource guide
- Create an activity resource book and separate it by month and by type of activities so people can look at things to do in Connecticut in September or can sort by type of activity
• Committed to Domus core principals and Sanctuary Model® commitments
• Data management experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, organized and independent
• Strong work ethic and willingness to learn
• Concern with the population we serve