Engagement/Administrative InternshipBookmark This
Life In Abundance International
2321 East University Drive
DescriptionThe Engagement/Administrative Intern will work with the Engagement Coordinator and various other staff to effectively provide support in events, donor retention and general office administration. We are looking for an enterprising individual interested in helping develop a nonprofit organization’s capabilities and learning through the process. On average, tasks will be 65% engagement and 35% administrative.
Responsibilities• Provide recommendations of local and national events of which LIA could be a part and create a year long calendar
• Assist with event preparation as needed
• Connect with contacts made at events to further engage them with LIA
• Connect with new donors support LIA’s birthday campaign
• Develop a manual for LIA’s US volunteers
• Help plan events to further engage LIA’s audience
• Provide recommendations on operational areas of improvement; conceptualize processes to streamline regular
• Conduct regular inventory of office supplies, merchandise, etc.
• Take detailed notes and action items during event meetings; ensure meeting participants receive notes and to-dos
• Fulfill merchandise orders as needed
• Various other administrative tasks and errands, to be determined
Requirements• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent researching capabilities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office or iWork suites
• Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized
• Exceptional time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
• The ability to work both independently and in a team in a fast--paced environment
• Must have reliable transportation
• Great people skills, initiative, enthusiasm and sense of humor are a must!
• Previous volunteer coordinating experience a plus.
• Able to commit 15-20 hours a week.
• Must be a current U.S. resident
• Must be a follower of Christ that is excited at the opportunity to use his/her unique gifts to empower people in