Executive assistantBookmark This
Green Lifestyles Network
5858 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: 618 days ago
DescriptionCompany: Green Lifestyles Network (GLN)
Job title: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director/ Board Chair
Work Location: Los Angeles, CA
Division/Department: Board Chair
Collaborates with: All department and manager level volunteers
Time Commitment: Part time Volunteer
Green Lifestyles Network, a 501c 3 non-profit organization, and is looking for an Executive Assistant to the Board Chair to help us reach our goals. This is a unique opportunity to use or gain Executive Assistant skills to make a lasting impact within our organization. The Executive Administrative Assistant (Admin) will provide administrative support to the organization. The Admin works directly with the Executive Director (ED) and Board Chair (BC) in order to support the organization’s administrative needs.
• Answers all office phone calls and directs calls appropriately
• Maintains general office files and files necessary paperwork accordingly
• Follows up on all general emails from our website
• Sorts mail and distributes materials appropriately
• Purchases all office supplies
• Provides support for events. May include securing a venue, distribution of meeting materials, ordering food, managing the guest/RSVP list, etc.
• Is in charge of securing and setting up booths at other organizations’ events
• Provides general administrative support between the Executive Director and Board Chair
• Files all financial statements (available from the Treasurer)
• Acts as recording secretary for Board meetings (and helps plan the agenda) when the Board
Secretary is not present ; prepares minutes for review by Executive Director/Board Chair and then
handles distribution of minutes to the board secretary.
• Creates, maintains and enhances administrative procedures, processes and systems to achieve the
annual objectives and long-term goals of GLN.
• Maintains a Master Calendar for the Board and comprehensive records of key decisions, actions
taken, agreements and other board records.
-Updates GLNs donor database as directed by ED/BC
-Prepares thank you letters for ED and/or Board signatures; ensures proper filing and mailing of all thank
-Attends all fundraising events as needed
RequirementsEducation, Experience :
BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and/or passion to learn and grow in this position required.
Minimum 1 year commitment is required (most of the general office tasks can be done virtually)
Baccalaureate degree preferred.
• Excellent communication skills in-person and on the phone
• Excellent organizational and filing skills
• Ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects
• Proficiency in Word and Excel: proficient in developing and maintaining databases; ability to create
• Excellent writing skills
• Extremely high level of integrity and trust is a must.
• There can be no conflict of interests and manipulate spreadsheets; perform mail merges