Intern for Apparel CompanyBookmark This
New Standard Edition
New York, NY
DescriptionIntern for a start-up mens denim & pants streetwear brand
Located in in New York, NY
Administrative assistant who will act as the liaison between the owner, sales reps, designers and clients. This person will work closely with the owner who has 20+ years retail experience in the streetwear/apparel industry. Opportunity to assist on photoshoots, at showroom appointments and tradeshows.
Responsibilities• Emailing clients, sales team and follow up with business requests
• Manage owner’s company calendar
• Work with designer to communicate product development feedback with overseas agents
• Organize samples and fabric swatches
• Develop and manage a filing system for keeping samples organized
• Running errands, making photo copies, deliver samples, pick up items for photo shoots, whatever is necessary…
• Assist in styling and other duties for photo shoots
• Taking notes in appointments and typing up summary reports
• Research and compile trend information and tear sheets
• Assist in updating posts to social media outlets
RequirementsFashion majors are preferred but will give strong consideration to others who demonstrate an interest through relevant current projects.
In your response, articulate why you’re the right person for the position.
Your resume must include experience or examples that demonstrate a proven ability to do the following:
• Communicate with people on a professional level via email
• Multi-task multiple projects accurately at once
• Be self motivated and highly productive
• Problem solve
Must have your own laptop.
Must be available 2-5 days a week. We are located in Manhattan.
This position is unpaid.
What you’ll get out of it:
Learn processes of running a start-up clothing business-
Merchandising: Strategy and thought process for developing a clothing line
Design: Steps for designing a line
Development: Process of taking a design to final sample
Production: How to communicate with factories to get product developed
Sales: Complete process for selling a product line. Experience working from a showroom and tradeshows.
Marketing: How to market new products and analyze the business.
Mentor/References/Exposure: Learn from the owner and his years of experience. Get Linkedin endorsements and references from relevant contacts. Meet industry contacts and attend tradeshows.